Information for Foreign Students
The Volgograd State Pedagogical University (VSPU), one of the major and leading pedagogical institutions in the Russian Federation, was founded in 1931.
There are currently about 13000 full time, part –time and over 200 international students and post –graduates.
The teaching and research is carried out by 700 highly qualified staff in 54 Departments. Over 60% of them are full professors, PhD’s, corresponding members of the Russian Education Academy and International Academies.
- Pre – school, Primary School Education and Special Pedagogy.
- Arts Education (Painting, Music, Amateur and Folk Arts, Graphics, Design)
- Natural Sciencies (Biology, Chemistry, Geography);
- History (Russian History, World History);
- Mathematics and IT;
- Foreign Languages (English, German, French, Spanish, Chinese, Translation and Interpreting, Cross-cultural communication);
- Management and Law (Personne Management);
- Psychology and Social Work, Public Relations (PR);
- Service and Technology (House keeping, Tourism, Park and Landscape Design);
- Physical Training and Life Safety;
- Physics and Physics with English;
- Philology (Russian and Literature, Russian and Literature with English/German);
- Faculty for International Students;
- In-Service Training;
During the last ten years due to the high quality standards of the graduates the University is among ten best leading pedagogical and linguistic universities in Russia.
In 2004 the University won the “International European Quality “Contest in the nomination “100 best universities”.
Today, the University offers courses leading to higher degrees in all areas of education and other professional fields (B.A., B.Sc., M.A., M.Sc., Ph.D., full Professor (post doctoral degree).
1. How to Apply for Visa
Entry visas are required for most foreign citizens coming to Russia. In view of ever going changes in international policies it is advisable to check up with the nearest Russian Consulate what current visa regulations imply. Nevertheless, if a foreign student plans to come to Russia to study at a Russian university, he/she needs a visa support from the university. It means that the university, after the student’s study application has been reviewed and his/her preliminary placement in the required course has taken place, submits a visa application to the Ministry of Interior Affairs of Russia for getting an official invitation.
As soon as the Invitation is ready we’ll send it to students by mail or express mail (Consulates demand the originals of these documents) and by fax in addition. The students need to deliver the Invitation to the closest Russian Consulate with a valid passport and follow the next procedure. Be ready to pay the visa-fee which depends on the policy of each particular Russian Consulate.
Please mind that the procedure of submitting and processing the documents in all relating offices may take up to 1,5 month from the moment of receiving the student’s filled form and passport copy till the visa is issued.
2. Visa Registration and Prolongation
When entering Russia it is obligatory to submit the passport and visa within 3 working days upon arrival (Saturday and Sunday excluding). Failure either to register in due time or register at all can involve fines and troubles when leaving Russia.
The students hand in their documents (passport, visa, migration card with a stamp of entering to Russia and 10 photos) for passport registration to the International Office not later than the next working day after arrival. They will also present a medical certificate confirming that they are in a good state of health. All the necessary medical tests may be taken in Volgograd.
All students should have a medical insurance valid in Russia for the whole period of studies.
Visa prolongation cases are considered separately each time. The incoming student’s visa should bear a clear indication as to the inviting party (the Volgograd State Pedagogical University) and the purpose of stay (studies).
The University Hostel where the international students can be accommodated is situated not far from the University (15 minutes by tram or trolley bus).
The rooms are available for two or three persons and have a kitchen and other facilities. The price is about 250 euro per year for one person.
4. Diplomas Awarded by the University
- Bachelor – 4 years;
- Master- 2 years;
- Candidate of Science (PhD) - 3-4 years;
- Doctor (D.S.) – 3-4 years
The question of payment for students coming with bilateral exchange or via intergovernmental agreements is decided separately. The prices listed below are rough estimates and subject to change. Costs vary depending on the type of tuition, programme of studies and other services additional to educational instruction. Costs of one –year studying at the Faculties (Institutes) of the University.
- Russian Prelimenary courses - 1600 euro
- Bachelor of Arts/ Sciences - 2000 euro
- Specialist, 5 years of studies - 2100 euro
- Master of Arts/Sciences - 2300 euro
- Ph.D. - 2850 euro
- Post – doctorate - 3000 euro
- Specialization - 850 euro
- Second foreign language - 850 euro
- Additional educational services - 10 euro per hour
- Internship - 10 euro per hour not less than 10 hours a week
- Short Summer Russian course - 10 euro per hour
- Accomodation at a student hostel - 250 euro
- Extra sleeping place - 250 euro